Writer, Eternal Optimist, Environmentalist, Scientist, Homeschool Teacher, Girl Scout Leader, Mother, and Gardener.
Julie believes in magic and the power of love. She is an enthusiastic advocate of a growth mindset and self-improvement and is on a mission to inspire and empower children around the world.
Thanks to her mother who is a fervent reader, she developed a love of reading early on. Books have had a transformative impact on her life, and they are what she turns to when seeking guidance and understanding.
She is the mother to a funny, empathetic, sweet, creative, daughter who is her biggest source of inspiration. Yearning to instill confidence, courage, and a sense of empowerment in her daughter and other young children, she was inspired and blessed with the idea to create the Magical Mia series.
Her debut children’s book, Magical Mia – Kindness is Contagious, empowers children to use their kind words and actions to spread joy and happiness wherever they go.
1. I used to work as a pilot and held a commercial pilot license. I even tried teaching others how to fly for a brief time.
2. We have 3 pet guinea pigs named Larry, Azul, and Charro who are housed in a 16 square foot enclosure. They are definitely living their best life.
3. I am blessed to have a group of girlfriends that I’ve known for over 20 years. We live all over the country but stay in touch almost daily in a group text. They are one of the things I am most thankful for in my life.
4. I love growing things! In 2018 I planted a food forest and currently grow 9 different kinds of fruit and numerous perennial greens. Our food forest is even planted in our front yard… Yes, we are those kinds of people!
5. Over 20 years ago I wrote down everything I desired in a partner and thanked the universe for bringing him to me. Two weeks after drafting my perfect mate, I met my husband; the love of my life. I even told him I loved him the first night we met!
6. I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio. As a child, I was a voracious reader even entering reading contests for the most books read to win prizes.
7. I currently live in Florida and can't picture being in any other climate. I am a denizen of the sun!
8. As well as working as a writer, I am a project manager for a consulting firm in their environmental remediation division, working to clean up contaminated soil and groundwater.
9. At any one time, I have at the very minimum 10 to-do lists in various places.
10. I believe that each one of us is the author of our own story. Our thoughts, feelings, and words create our lives.